Interview with Max Vangeli & AN21


Max Vangeli & AN21 have become my house music heroes. As artists under the Size record label and with support from the Sweedish House Mafia (Axwell, Ingrosso, Steve Angello) they have that distinctive sound that separates them from all other house music. I did a recent post of their remix of Starry Eyed so you should know I really like what's going on in San Francisco right now.  I haven't stopped listening it since its debut and I can't wait to throw it down a next week.  Definitely follow the links provided at the end of the post to get a copy of Starry Eyed.  You won't regret it.  I recently had the pleasure to ask Max Vangeli & AN21 a few questions so I hope you enjoy it.


For those that follow our blog but don’t listen to much house music, introduce yourselves.

Max Vangeli: Max Vangeli and I am a DJ/Producer born and raised in Europe and now based in San Francisco.

AN21: Antoine, Stockholm Sweden,

When did you start producing?

Max Vangeli: About 5 years ego.

What made you want to start producing?

AN21: I always grew up with music around me and one day I started doing mixes, After a while, I got bored and wanted to try producing instead, it took some years but hard work pays off so, work work!

Max Vangeli: The love of music, I always wanted to be in a band...but its hard to organize that, so now I get to play all the instruments!

You two have been collaborating and making great tracks. How did the killer combination of Max Vangeli and AN21 happen?

Max Vangeli: Just started talking online and as soon as we started working together its just been magical. I think we both have a great view on what we want and how we want it, and this is why it works. Its just weird, but somehow we really do work great together.

AN21: We liked each other's stuff and got to know one another through some contacts.. We started with one project and it took a day till we had a bomb.. It´s been like that for a while now!

What do you both have to hear in a track that make you agree upon its direction or finality?

AN21: The melodies, Those have to get stuck in everybody´s head and once it has, its a bomb! We also go for groovy beats & sexy basslines

Max Vangeli: Always the melody! I cant stress enough of it, without melodies there is no music.

Now for some of those personal interest questions:

With WMC coming up I have been trying to figure out what the house music capital of the nation is. What city do you think has the biggest house music following (house music capital)?

Max Vangeli: San Francisco

What kind of music do you listen to other than house, if any?

Max Vangeli: I live house and breathe house! There are so many great genres out there like rock, r&b, and so on. Making house music takes a lot of time, but I try to listen to other stuff when I get the chance.

Where do you see electronic music in the next 5 years?

Max Vangeli: It will eventually turn too pop and go back down the dark way again...the cycle will continue.

Robot Ears, friend or foe?

AN21: Could I pick hybrid ears?


Here is a promo version of the recent released track "Gama" from Max Vangeli & AN21
Max Vangeli & AN21 - Gama


Remember to visit Max Vangeli's Myspace and support him by purchasing his songs at Beatport
Visit AN21's Myspace and support him by purchasing his songs at Beatport

0 comments:

Post a Comment